Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Aging Woes

My laptop is dying. I can sense it.


I use an almost 4 year old HP Pavillion dv2519. Something tells me it's not going to be around for long.

Some keyboard keys are gone. Scratches fill the lid with a pattern of their own. Paint is chipping from everywhere. It overheats and shuts down from time to time. DVDs don't work anymore. Webcam now works only half the time. Two USB ports have given up. Today, I saw the replaced screen also flickering from the bottom. After surviving two drops and transplants of RAM, screen, battery and hinges, it has gone through a lot. Thus, my worries.

But this is not the best time to die for my laptop. I can't afford a new one with certain big expenditures planned. Also, there are newer processors, OS refreshes and super-fast ports coming up next summer.

Stay with me, HP, stay with me. At least for another six months.

2 comments:

  1. I know the focus is the sad state of your laptop, but, I can't help but say that the picture's really cute. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Was amazed with how I could manually focus with my 4 year old point and shoot.

    ReplyDelete